A bridesmaid graces the bride at her wedding. The bridesmaid dresses chosen should compliment the desired look of your wedding as well as the body types of your attendants
• It’s a nice idea to suggest that your bridesmaids choose their own style of dress in the color scheme you want them to wear. This offers them the ease of choosing a dress that suits their style and fits their bodies (and budget). They can purchase it from their own hometown and email you a photo of themselves in the dress, to assure you how great they look!
• If you decide it’s easier to choose for them, follow these simple guidelines to help you select bridesmaids’ gowns with the greatest of ease. When these steps are followed, the selection, sizing and delivery of gowns will be worry-free!
• Two or more attendants? Choose a style that will flatter all body types. The A-line style works well for all figures. Remember, we are not all created equally, in proportion anyway.
• It is beneficial for you to select a few styles and colors for your bridesmaids, and then let them choose from your selections. Consider bringing only one attendant with you to help. Fewer choices make it much easier to come to a decision for the whole party.
• Most bridal stores will provide you with bridesmaid’s measurement cards to be given to each of your attendants. They can be measured anywhere as long as it is done professionally. Simply have them return their cards to you along with a deposit. Most stores accept major credit cards. Provide your bridal party with a deadline to return all measurement cards and their deposits.
• You then bring all deposits and measurement cards into the store to place the orders. Gowns are not ordered until all deposits have been received for the whole wedding party, so you can be certain all gowns will be cut from the same dye lot.
• Bridesmaids’ gowns are not custom-made, but special ordered according to the manufacturers’ size charts.
• The average delivery time for bridesmaids’ gowns is approximately 10-14 weeks. Some manufacturers offer six-week delivery with a “rush cut” charge.
• Once the gowns have arrived, you will be notified. You will advise your attendants that dresses have arrived and must be paid in full within 30 days of notification and always before any fitting, pinning or alterations.
• To assure the proper fit at their alteration appointment, each bridesmaid will need to bring the shoes and undergarments she will be wearing with her gown. Most bridal stores have an excellent selection of bras, slips and shoes at reasonable prices.